Land for Sale in Sacramento, CA
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Land for Sale in Sacramento, CA
In the past few years, many people have considered buying land for sale in Sacramento as an investment. The reason why people are buying land is that it is a highly profitable investment. In fact, there are some people who even make it their profession. They buy land and resell it after making improvements to it.
While some individuals think this type of practice is risky, others consider it a great way to earn additional income. But whether you’re looking to invest in land or looking for your dream property Roenspie + Johnson Real Estate Inc. can help.
Current State of the Sacramento Real Estate Market
Sacramento is the capital city of California and the county seat of Sacramento County. It has a population of 524,943 as of the 2020 census. It is also the sixth-largest city in California and the ninth-largest capital in the United States. It is one of the fastest-growing major cities in the state and is a notable finance and healthcare center, educational hub, and tourist destination.
Because of Sacramento’s thriving economy, land values have gone up considerably around the area — even more than the prices of homes. The cost of an average acre of land in the county went up from $356,000 in 2012 to $620,000 in 2017 alone, with the most valuable land located in downtown Sacramento.
In some parts of midtown and East Sacramento, an acre of land costs an average of $2.7 million in 2017 and has only increased in price since. In East Sacramento and Land Park, the average was about $2.2 million. In South Sacramento, the value rose from $130,000 in 2012 to $471,000 five years later — that’s a 262.3% increase in a short period. This research provides evidence of how promising buying land can be in the Sacramento area.
The Average Price of Land for Sale in Sacramento
Land in Sacramento, CA may cost anywhere from $75,000 to $2,950,000, with an average of roughly $650,000. These lots range from 4,000 square feet to as big as 23 acres in different parts of Sacramento.
With Sacramento land prices headed up compared to what they were a few years ago, it makes more sense now more than ever to invest in pieces of land you can develop compared to houses, which may be rather difficult, not to mention more costly to update.
Typical Uses for Land in Sacramento
You may still be skeptical about investing in property that you won’t be able to use right away. After all, developing a piece of land takes months, and in some cases, even years to turn it into the residential or commercial property of your dreams.
When it comes to reselling land, you may think you need to be well-versed in the intricacies of real estate to find an attractive deal. The truth is, buying land in Sacramento, CA doesn’t require much time and effort. We can help you find an investment property or a property to build your dream home on.
Here are some examples of what you can do with the land that you buy in Sacramento:
● Buy and sell: Holding property without developing it, then selling it after it appreciates
● Recreational use: Constructing a vacation house with a pool for seasonal yearly stays
● Rental property: Building an apartment or condo to rent out to prospective tenants
● Office building: Setting up an office space or industrial complex for a business
● Private ranch: Raising grazing livestock like cattle or sheep, as well as other animals
● Farming lease: Renting out for agricultural purposes (e.g., farm production, forestry)
● Hunting lease: Renting out for hunting on land during a specified time period
● Owner financing: Offering land loans to buyers to sell the property with interest
Benefits of Buying Sacramento Land for Sale
Buying land has its advantages. If you’ve recently been thinking of getting into real estate investment, you’ll soon discover after reading this section why it’s worth exploring.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll get when we help you buy land in Sacramento, CA:
● Easy to own outright: A great way to begin with real estate without borrowing money from a lender, helping you save thousands on fees and interest
● Little maintenance needed: No large repair costs, just minimal funds for simple clearing and maintenance operations
● Convenient to sell: No appointments or showings; can be sold through online transactions
● Endless possibilities: Opens doors for you to determine the best use before making a plan to develop
Contact Roenspie + Johnson Real Estate To Buy Homes for Sale in Galt, CA
The Roenspie + Johnson Real Estate team is made up of a winning trifecta: Becky Roenspie – President/Realtor®, Michaela Johnson – Realtor®, and Ashley Zaragoza – Realtor®. Let us know what you’re looking for in your new home (such as a kitchen with plenty of counter space, a spacious master bedroom, a cozy living room, etc.) and we’ll hunt it down for you. Our experienced Galt Realtors® are here to help you find your next home or property in Galt and the surrounding areas. Send us a message or give us a call at (916) 698-3574 to start exploring your Galt real estate options.
Schedule A Consultation
Find the home you want before it goes off the market.
We know that listings, especially in Galt, come on and off the market quickly. We’ll keep you promptly informed of new listings for residential and commercial properties, and with our guidance, enable you to make smart choices about your real estate purchases.